Tuesday 19 March 2013

David Roberts




From "Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror", by Chris Priestley. This is a children's book of short, scary stories held together by a main narrative. I was very scared by two of the stories, and had shivers from a couple more.
Despite it being for children. And I am an adult (I keep telling myself).

I stole the book from my mum as she was sorting through books for the library she worked for, my eye having been caught by the macabre pen illustration.

Also of note is the title and typography. I know that if it were me, I would have simply chosen an already existing typeface from the list on adobe, but Roberts made his own to fit with the illustrations. I'll have to keep that in mind, because I don't usually like drawing letterforms but it looks amazing done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment