Wednesday 26 September 2012

Dear lord

The layouts project is really fun. I'm going to post a few of my worst layouts so far:

 Oh, when they said, "exaggerate the scale", I don't think that's what they had in mind.
 Just because you can tilt things, doesn't especially mean you HAVE to tilt EVERYTHING.
 The teenage scrapbook look.
Hey look, it's a blue dot in the top left balanced by a red dot in the top right! Can I have a degree now?

About depreciation, by the way. It's often not a good idea to talk bad about your work:
"If you want people to respect your work, take you seriously, or pay you to draw things then do not trash talk your own work. Why would you expect someone else take your work seriously when even you, the person that created it, are openly talking about how much it sucks? If you want people to get excited about your work (and to hire you to draw things) then you need to show them that YOU are excited about your work."
Phil McAndrew, San Diego illustrator http://philmcandrew.tumblr.com/post/5588480161/super-obvious-secrets-that-i-wish-theyd-teach-in-art

I'll post my favourite layouts next, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment